Sunday 16 June 2019

William versus Cath


The kitchen is having a make over



The 13 year old tartan paper is going.


I’ve had a dozen paper samples and whittled it down to three.  Even though I started out with roses and spots there was something not sitting right with me about it all.


Then it clicked, I’d seen it to many times in magazines and social media.  What am I talking about ? ...... it’s the Cath Kidston look.  There’s nothing wrong with the look,  nothing at all and if you have it you’ll have a beautiful bright kitchen.


But for me it just didn’t feel right,  it didn’t feel like me.  Once I’d realised what the problem was I went back to the wallpaper shop and hey presto as if by magic I knew I had hit on it when I found this William Morris design.


Out went the chintzy florals and spots, back went the off white emulsion and wood paint in exchange for Bramwell chalk paint for the Welsh dresser and Little Greens emulsion and Matt wood paint (equivalent to Farrow & Ball “String”)


The paper is only held up with masking tape at the minute, the real work starts tomorrow.


Now here’s a bit of inside info from the paint centre.
Well something I didn’t know I mean.
Apparently oil based paint is a thing of the past, now it’s all water based.  All to do with emissions.

The problem with it is it doesn’t cover the same as oil based.
If  the paint you already had on the walls/wood was previously oil based you’ll need to do an awful lot of prep work to get it to cover.

Hence we went for a more expensive paint so that we wouldn’t need to have use a primer or spend hours rubbing down woodwork, of which there’s a lot.

See you on the other side 
Heehee 
Lynn x



5 comments:

  1. As we've already got that wallpaper I'm going to say you chose the best! Good luck with the decorating! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m very excited even though I’ve got to clear everything out of the kitchen first xxx

      Delete
  2. The wallpaper you chose is absolutely gorgeous, Lynn. Well, I love William Morris designs. And now I can finally put my finger on the fact that I knew I'd seen it before. Vix has the same! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all girls of great taste Ann haha.xxx

      Delete
  3. Love the wallpaper you chose... can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS