Sunday 2 June 2019

That was the week that was

Out went May and in jumped June 


I started reading this book and it’s keeping me gripped.


Picked up these beautiful Cala lillies from Aldi.


Went to two Pilates classes and had a maintenance physio session on my back.


Before Jo the decorator comes back I’ve messed about with sample paint pots and wallpaper on our Welsh dresser.  She’ll have a fit when she sees my cackhanded painting.


I’ve been having a clearing out session of kitchenware, clothes, pictures, crockery and bed linen.  Lovely vintage trader friends Gail and Pat  came for lunch and went home with a car full of stuff.  The rest has gone to the Salvation Army and a local children’s hospice shop.





We had a great evening at Bury Met at the concert of one of our favourite bands.


Attended a vintage textile workshop in Brighouse, Yorkshire with friend Lyn.  More about what I created in Wednesdays posting.


Did think I’d have a lie in on Saturday morning then decided to drive back over to Brighouse and take up the offer of another day crafting with some fabulous ladies.


Sunday there was a trip to Barnados Vintage Charity shop over in Cheadle, where we donated a mass of clothes out of my wardrobe and a few of Philip’s.


As we were in the Manchester area we popped into The Vintage Home Show at the famous Victoria Baths on Hathersage Road.

The lovely wooden money box house I got from Gail Eagle, 

And now we are back to Monday and the fun stops for the mundane things in life like housework and shopping.  I’m sure I can fit in something exciting along the way though.

Lynn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS