Sunday 24 March 2019

From oils to ceramics. Prints and sculptures


On Saturday I visited the local art gallery 

Susan Wilson- Self portrait with Clematis Wreath c. 1996

I was blown away with the current exhibition.
A display of over 200 works,  which is roughly 13% of their entire collection.  It is the most comprehensive public presentation of their permanent art collection ever staged.


It is displayed in order of how the collection evolved











thank


Ceramic artwork 


This one has enormous appeal to me.  I’ve always been drawn to flaking painted wood, rust and paper

This one made me laugh.
I couldn’t see anything about the artist or the subject so when I go back on my second visit I’ll ask about it.

Touchstones Gallery 
The Esplanade
Rochdale 
Lancashire 

The collection is owned by 
Rochdale Borough Council

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS