Thursday 16 February 2017

Pattern overload ...


It's pattern overload today
Pattern on my tights from www.gipsytights.com

Different patterns on both sides of my reversible skirt from 
British designer/creator Stefania www.loudandproudlondon.com



Pattern on my vintage find handknit cardigan (part of a twinset)
from Stockport Vintage Village's - Garbo Vintage.
Maggie has fantastic stock.  That's who I got my antique
petticoat off, that I am always flashing 


 There's pattern on this cotton blouse that I found in the charity shop.
And the reason for this overload of textures is because I finished knitting the triangle
shawl I started last week.




Here's a picture of the back of it.
The wool is by King Cole and the range is Opium,
Colour - Leaf
I got it from a local wool shop that has been there 
for years and the ladies are fantastic and don't make
you feel like an idiot when you haven't a clue what you
are doing.


Just to add even more to the concoction I got these Texting Mitts
from a local company www.purplepossum.co.uk
They are only up the road from me in Burnley, Lancashire.
Love how they jumped on the techie bandwagon with their name for them

Boots by Fly London - colour Camel

We are off to the pub tonight for tea with the neighbours.
Hope I don't make their eyes go funny with my clobber


I am going to have a go at this next
Wish me luck












5 comments:

  1. Goodness me, that shawl is beautiufl, it looks like lace and I'm loving the colour. Thanks for the close-up of that glorious skirt.
    Have fun at the pub! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Switched the skirt round to the other side to go out and changed my boots to a more dressy pair xxx

      Delete
  2. I mentioned Marion Foale here the other day - and there is her first book under the texting mits!

    I am totally in awe of your skills and speed. A lovely wall hanging and a knitted shawl in the blink of an eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I followed up on what you said about her Julia. I can't believe the book is 35 years old, it's so on trend now.
      Don't me fooled the scarf was easy peasy and the hanging was done in an afternoon with a friend. It wouldn't have happened left to my own devices haha

      Delete
  3. I do love a bit of pattern overload myself, so I can only approve. But oh my, that triangle shawl is fantastic, from its lacy texture to its wonderful green colour. Well done, you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS