Thursday 24 May 2012

TALENTED PEOPLE ......

My very talented friend Tracy Anker owner of Tracy's Workshops in Slaidburn, Lancashire
 converted what was a plain blue wool coat that she bought for £20 into this stylish model
by replacing the lining with an Angie Lewin print fabric.
Covering the buttons in the same material.
Then embroidering and adding appliqued flowers.
The final touch was this felt flower also made by Tracy.
Clever lady
Check out the link above for her fantastic workshops.  You are guaranteed a great day out, fabulous food and something you have made youreself to take home. 
 You don't have to be a stitcher to join in (I know I'm not).

5 comments:

  1. How very clever! And what a lOVEly coat Tracy has ended up with! I'm green with envy over people that can stitch and create like this, but life would be boring if we were all the same;)
    Have a great day Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous coat, love a good find and then a complete transformation! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, so glad you liked your purchase and the wee birdy. It would be great to be included in your next article. I have nearly finished my tidy of the spare room to be able to get creative again as well. Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is such a great coat, beautifully reconstructed! I love Angie Lewin's designs, patterns and fabric. I wonder if Tracy walks around with the lining showing all the time to display it!

    Jane
    http://texturetrail.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS