Saturday 28 April 2012

CANVAS BAGS, SUE RYDER CARE & A NICE CHAT

This morning I crossed from Lancashire into Yorkshire on a scenic drive over to,
 yes you've guessed it, Todmorden (again).  But what was I doing there ?
On my last visit I bought one of these bags from the Sue Ryder Charity Shop to see if the Doodly Bird designs would work on canvas/jute. Well it did and here are the results.
FROM THIS
TO THIS TA-DAH !

AND THE REVERSE
As it worked  so well I thought what a good idea to resell them and donate £2 to the Sue Ryder Care Charity from each bag I sell.
They will sell at £8 each + £2.50 post and packing.(UK) £3.50 Europe, £5.50 USA.
I will be selling them from my Etsy Shop which you can see on the side of my blog.
 Link here or go to my Etsy shop.
I can even personalise them with a name if you like. I will also enclose a Sue Ryder information sheet.
You might be asking yourself "What's Sue Ryder all about ?", here's some information for you
or visit www.sueryder.org
In the shop I started chatting to June the manager and I was telling her the button story from Thursday's secondhand market visit. See FRIDAY' S POSTING
Its amazing what you learn when you get into conversation with people.
June told me that they send all their vintage & retro clothes, haberdashery and buttons to their Leeds and Keighley branches as they are a magnet for fashion/textile/art students and collectors of vintage clothes.  Link for  West Yorkshire shops
Ooh, I thought I can feel a visit coming on......
I hope you have enjoyed this posting, it was totally out of the blue. As I was telling my hubby I didnt even intend blogging today, as I don't do it for the sake of doing it. Only when I have something interesting to say.
Its funny though how most days something comes up that triggers me off.
Happy weekend everyone.
Lynn x


9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! That turned out great. And what a good cause!
    Loooove the bag. And I agree; your name should be on it too!

    Adrianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be stitching one of my name tags to the inside of the bag. Nice to think people think i should be recognised.
      Thank you Adrianne
      Lynn x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely & generous idea Lynn :) My mum always supported the Sue Ryder charity and their shops were always her first point of call for a mooch about :)
    Your bags of course are SUPer fabuloso and I know which shop I'll be browsing this evening ;)
    Sad to see your name's not on the bag Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mo,
      I will be stitching a label on the inside with my name on.
      I am glad to be helping a cause that was close to your Mum's heart.
      Lynn x

      Delete
  4. Oh wow Lynn -- I LOVE the bag!!! Did you draw your bird right on the cavvas? I have a bunch of burlap and muslin here that I was making flowers out of. I found a doodly bird on pinterest that I fell in love with. Today I'm working on the canvas for a woman that contacted me through etsy. We'll see if she buys it or not. If not, it's been fun doing it in colors that I enjoy.

    I also came up with a thought on the WOYWW ATCs so will get started on those.

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did draw it straight on to the canvas Kay.
      Your project sounds interesting. Hope your lady buys it.
      Thanks for your lovely comments.
      Lynn x

      Delete
  5. ...how superb your design looks Lynn you must be feeling quite proud right now & such a loVely idea behind it too...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it worked out really well and I have sold 2 already.
      Lynn :)

      Delete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS