Wednesday 24 July 2024

The good the bad and the ugly


Hello from sunny Lancashire.  There’s a lot of bad stuff been going on in the past two months but we won’t go into that.  I’m here to share the best bits and hopefully make you smile.


Here in the studio there’s been secret assignments going on, some stitching and some lovely zoom meet ups with my No Rules Textile Society Members.

Like What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday folk we are all like minded and encourage and urge each other on.  Isn’t it wonderful when you find your tribe. 

We’ve not been going as long as WOYWW but firm friendships have been formed, just like you gals.



Creative wise we’ve got a new prompt and it’s “Colour”.   I’ve pulled out some books for inspiration and I found this lovely card in Country Harvest farm shop on our way to the caravan in the Lake District.  The jelly fruits that I bought didn’t last long after the photoshoot haha.


We met up with our lovely friend Maria who lives in Ulverston for the first time this year and had a fab day. If you’re an instagram fan take a look at her account it’s beautiful.


What else have we been up to ?  Oh yes !  We had a lovely rummage round Holden Wood Antiques on the way back from the Lakes and I found a few treasures for the studio.  It’s ages since I’ve had a truffling session.


We’ve got some serious stuff going on at home so I won’t be around much but I did want to say I hope you are all well and being creative and to say enjoy the summer whatever you’re up to.


Lots of love 
Lynn 
x

Linking to 



14 comments:

  1. I’m glad that you’ve been out and about and doing things to make your soul happy - especially important when you obviously are having a tougher time at home. Sending hugs,
    LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Oh to be a butterfly on your coat-tails. Your adventures are always so fun, and here's hoping they have lifted your spirits during challenging times. Nothing like good friends and days out to make you feel happy. Fingers crossed the serious stuff resolves to your advantage!
    Dashing around before knitting…
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending gentle hugs Lynn - glad you have been able to get out and about and that your No Rules group have created good friendships as well as WOYWW. You can tell it's the summer holidays because I have had a lie in! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you on here again Lynn, you are missed when you don't appear. I sincerely hope that the background stuff gets sorted and things turn out tickety boo for you both. Nice to have a small group of friends to craft with, it's only when it gets bigger that it can have problems so keep it tiny.
    Hugs, Neet 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy a catch up with you but am sad to hear there's difficult times going on. Sending you lots of love and hugs.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you today, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of things. Good to see you still getting out and about . Take care and pop back when you can . Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life doesn't always go the way we want it to and it's been a difficult year for us too and I'm grateful for all the lovely memebers of WOYWW that visit me regularly, makes me feel a bit more positive. Looks like you've got plenty to take your mind of things at least for a while. Take care and have a good woyww whatever you are doing. Hugs Angela x11X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn I always love your photos so much and all the bits & pieces you collect are so yummy! Sorry to hear there is too much bad stuff going on but I hope you are finding some time to recharge and that your art is helping too. Have a sunny week, Lisa-Jane #9, www.prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your studio always looks interesting. It’s wonderful to have a group of like minded friends. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always lovely to see one of your posts pop up in my reader, Lynn! I'm sorry to hear you've got some bad stuff going on though. Sending oodles of hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely catch-up, praying the home situation eases. Hugs BJ#13

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it is already Monday and I am only just getting round to commenting. I was taking part in a virtual retreat which started on Thursday and finished last night - pretty full on - especially as I had other commitments too. Anyway now to finish all the workshops!

    Loved reading your blog - lovely photos!

    Happy WOYWW! Susan #5

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anyone here looking for a loan ?
    Mr Pedro and his working loan company lend me a loan of 400000 Euro after going through some financial situation in my life, Mr Pedro work with a reputable loan company that give loans at the very low 2% rate of any loan kind that you wish to apply as long as you would make a return honesty and trust.
    Anyone looking for a loan can contact Mr Pedro on email: pedroloanss@gmail.com WhatsApp: +393510140339

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a glorious round-up! How's Maria's Greek rescue cats? I'm sorry to read about your family issues, sending you lots of love. xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS