Wednesday 11 August 2021

Cranking up ready for the big day


Did I mention it’s my birthday this week.
It’s not while Friday but it’s already started.

Did I also mention I’m getting my pension at last.
I’ve waited till I’m 66 and now I’m going to blow the lot.
Well, the first month payment at least.

The first outing was lunch with my friend Beverley on Monday
and I’m wearing a birthday cardigan off my Mum.

The beautiful Papillon lavender plant is a gift from Bev and hubby Brian.


I share the same birth date as Instagram chum Sarah Maguire who
has a stunningly colourful cheery home in Cleckheaton.

Happy birthday Sarah for Friday.


The only bit of crafting I’ve got to show this week for What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday
is 45 rows of knitting. I only know that because I’ve got a stitch counter on the end of the needle.


So back to the birthday week
After my zoom Pilates on Tuesday morning and a visit from crafting pal Suzy Woosey


I did a quick change into this frock, made from a charity shop find barkcloth curtain,
and was off out on a trip to the cinema with my bestie and Mum.


It’s the first time we’ve been in 18 months.
We went to watch The Last Letter From Your Lover,
an adaptation from a book written by Jojo Moyes.

Great film, gorgeous outfits and fabulous 60’s/70’s music.


It was back home then after picking up fish and chips for tea.

The evening was spent testing Alexa out on the soundtrack from the film
and then we disappeared down a rabbit hole of listening to Stax soul.


And now it’s Wednesday and after Angela has done my hair we are booked in at our favourite
pub for lunch with her Mum and my hubby Philip, better known as the Wandering Welder.

To end the day there’s a zoom meeting at 7pm with the No Rules Textile Society ladies.
So I will be at my desk for a little while.

I do love a good birthday week and I’m glad that Lunch Lady Jan enjoyed her 60th
birthday celebrations. You are catching me up now Jan heehee and thank
you for the pretty card. I’m glad you liked the vintage jigsaw.

I’d like to say normal service will be resumed next week but it won’t
because I like to stretch it out as long as possible.

Stay tuned for more pension party events
Loving this retirement malarkey.

Lynn
x

Linking up with

19 comments:

  1. Happy birthday for Friday Lynn. Glad that you are stretching out your celebrations and having fun. I do like your birthday cardigan! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun blowing all of that first pension payment on Friday!! As long as you show us what it is you decide upon, lol. I was very touched by your card and prezzy, most unexpected but very welcome, thank you xx. My hubby and I have evenings of music listening too or YouTube music videos, it’s better than what’s on the telly! You can’t go wrong with Stax or Atlantic.
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cardi - that's the first thing `i noticed in your pictures, looks lovely with the flowers you are stood against.
    Happy Birthday for Friday too and congrats on the pension.
    Must look at the link for your friend's home - the picture you show looks lovely.
    Happy Friday
    Hugs, Neet 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday for Friday Lynn. Love your cardi. I’m glad to see you’re making the most of your retirement. We love music evenings too, casting YouTube onto the tv.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday for Friday Lynn. As soon as my husband found out I was getting a pension, he decided to buy a new car, because “now we can afford it”! Have a great week Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday for Friday. Sounds like you have lots planned as it should be . Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like your birthday week has got off to a cracking start but aren't you naughty wearing that lovely cardi your Mum bought you before the big day!
    That Nabhaan Rizwan in the film is a bit of a looker, isn't he?
    Have lots of fun for as long as you can! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're certainly celebrating in style, although isn't it a bit naughty spending this month's pension already, and before the big day too!
    Loving your Mum's cardigan and the bark-cloth curtain couture dress!
    Well done on 45 rows of knitting. Haven't done any knitting since I was about 10. Gave up on knitting then as I was notoriously bad at it.
    Have fun celebrating the rest of your birthday week, my dear friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, Lynn, and congratulations on getting your pension too. I love your friend's "granny chic" house - what fun! I visited the link and really enjoyed reading the piece. Thank you for your visit - I'm glad you enjoyed seeing my studio reorganising, and also that my Zentangles made you think about them again too. I haven't done any for ages and do feel the urge to start again! Thank you for your good wishes for my appointment today - all went well, and I don't need chemo! What a relief.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #11-ish (can't access Julia's blog atm because it's being blocked by Norton...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday week Lynn, you obviously have lots of plans. The dress is gorgeous, who would have thought it was made from a curtain and it really suits you too. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  11. big happy returns Lynn, I hope you have a glorious birthday, and stretch it out as long as you possibly can! Mine was back in early July and I managed to treat myself on Tuesday in the name of my birthday…..so keep on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Lynn - I can see you are enjoying your week - a great idea to make it last more than a day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Retirement Lynn & Birthday Eve! :) so much happy to see on your blog today. I love that you guys got to go out and have an adventure in person. ~Stacy #25

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday for Friday, quite right to stretch it out and make it last as long as possible. Love your new dress and your green knitting - fab colour! Thanks for visiting Happy WOYWW! Elle #21, EOTC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, Lynn for tomorrow and congratulations on becoming a pensioner. I've been one for ten years now and there's a lot to recommend it, not least the pension. I don't blame you stretching your birthday, a week is so much better than just one day, especially as we get older. Let's face it, with more birthdays behind us than in front, it's only right to stretch those we still have to come. Your new cardi and dress are lovely and your instagram friend's colourful style us so pretty. Enjoy the rest of your birthday celebrations. Elizabeth x #24

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing you a very happy Birthday - the same day as my daughter!
    I always stretch my birthday!!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Susan #27
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, wishing you a belated birthday and A belated WOYWW too. Had problems logging on to Julia's blog, with 'try again later' messages. Love that carrdie and the kitchen, very bright and greeny-blue! Happy very late woyww, Stay Safe! ((Lyn)) #26

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday wishes!! Lovely memories being made, I'm sure. One of my first major music collection purchases was a boxed set of the entire Stax/Volt catlog, on CD. {sigh} Nowadays I would just add it to my Spotify playlist. I have been working on the same pair of socks all summer. Mostly because I can't decide on the bind off - picot or some other decorative one? A stretchy lace bind off? Will it flare the cuff? Bah! I'll get there, in time for weather that requires wool socks....

    Happy so very late WOYWW.
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on getting your pension, and Happy Birthday week! Hope you've had a memorable time, from what I can see here, you have made a great start! You asked about the video that I watched for the flower watercolour. I can't share the video, but I can share the artist - I found her on You Tube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/momentaldesigns. Her name is Kristy Rice. Have a great rest of your week, Lindart #23

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS