Tuesday 11 May 2021

ZOOMING THROUGH MAY


On Saturday I got ready for the zoom meeting with the 
No Rules Textile Society

We spent a couple of hours chatting, exchanging ideas, doing a show
and tell on what we’d been creating, recommending books and talking about
different textile techniques.

I love these meetings, it’s so fabulous to be with like minded folk.
You feel as if you’ve found your tribe.


Once a month we are given a new prompt by Jayne who facilitates the group.
She doesn’t even know what the prompt is herself until it’s pulled out of
the bowl.

So the new prompt is WEAVE.  Hence the basket, hat and blanket
photo at the top of the page.  You start to see weaves everywhere.

While I was busy zooming my new book arrived. 


Sunday I took Mum to a craft fair she fancied. It was good that
we had to register our details and sanitise our hands on entry but
although most people wore a mask there was no social distancing
despite signs on the wall.  Mum enjoyed it and bought some
handmade cushions and a gift for her friend. After a quick look round I
waited outside as I wasn’t comfortable being shoulder to shoulder with folk.
Don’t get me wrong, I know we need to get back to some form of
normality, but it just wasn’t for me.

On the way home I spotted a lovely vintage tearoom serving
afternoon teas outside.  I’d definitely go back again. The interior
was delightful.



The dress I wore is from British designer/maker
The Well Worn, who only make one of each size and use recycled fabrics.
I like support small British makers.


The bag is from Vicky at The Linen Garden and I’ve had it a few years now.


Our rug is a charity shop find and has a price tag on the back of £175.
We paid £25 a couple of years ago from Age UK at Milnthorpe, Cumbria.

I’m a bit behind with my blogging so I’ll be back tomorrow with an update 
Lynn
x

3 comments:

  1. I have just ordered that book!! It’s going to mums. Yeah still not keen on going to places like fayres yet.
    Bored out of mind still not long to go but I can’t wait to see his dad and my parents. Even if it is going to a difficult time. Take care and keep safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Zoom" dress is utterly fabulous, Lynn, but then again so is the one you wore for afternoon tea and a craft fair with your lovely Mum! That afternoon tea, by the way, looks truly scrumptious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous outfits and both dresses being ethically and thoughtfully made makes them even more beautiful. Tell your mum she's looking gorgeous, too!
    That book sounds like a cracking read.
    We went for a proper charity shopping morning yesterday, seven shops in one go. I must admit I was wary at first but everything was so well laid out and everyone was mindful of distancing and it felt like the last 14 months had been a figment of my imagination. xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS