Thursday 22 April 2021

Lockdown Diary - Fun in the sun


We’ve had some lovely weather this week, which means the
wandering welder has been able to get on with re-siting the pond.

Getting there



Yay at last 

Another at last is the letter from the government inviting me to take up my
State pension in August.  Will I be taking it .... hell yeah of course I will.
I’ve waited an extra six years for this.  Bring it on.


Just in time for tea.

A special treat arrived from our lovely friends Julia, Harry & Toby.
Four Yorkshire Fat Rascals from Betty’s Tearoom. We hadn’t even
boiled the kettle before we had eaten the first ones. Not sure the other
two will see the day out.  


I bought this book for Mum but I’ve started reading it as we
have been following them on the telly.  Farming programmes
have been such feel good viewing over the last year, along with
gardening, book club ones and others like Sewing Bee, Bake off,
Great Pottery Throw Down and the current jewellery making challenge.

I mustn’t forget Grayson Perry’s Art Club, The Repair shop, Would I lie to You
and our current favourite At Home with the Richardson’s on channel Dave
on Thursday nights.  It has us in stitches.  Could be a northern thing though.

I don’t know about anyone else but we’ve been grateful for the great
programmes that have been made.  One we would definitely watch again
is The Serpent starring Jenna Coleman.



Good friend Vix posted this pic on her blog of the seeds I’d sent her
in memory of my Auntie Gladys.  It’s so nice to see them growing.


I’m taking Mum out to our favourite tearoom today for a bit of alfresco lunch.
Hope the sun comes out, it’s looking a bit cloudy just now.

Enjoy your day 
Lynn
X


8 comments:

  1. That pond looks amazing! Well done you wandering welder!
    Congratulations for getting your pension soon. It is the best thing they ever invited ( apart from sliced bread of course)
    Those scones/cakes look ‘ gurt lush’ ( that’s bristolian for really nice). I would have a bite had I lived any closer.
    I’m so glad you are having decent weather. I hope the outing with your mum was a success.
    When you in the UK have nice weather, we in southern Spain have rain and cloudy weather.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pond in it's new position looks great as do those fat rascals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s never too late for extra smiles so I’m glad you’ve joined in. I hope you had a lovely time with your mum. We had out first outing in our new motor home ( we bought it before Christmas!).
    I love the new pond set up...he’s such a clever guy. ( I bet you had a lot of input ).
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for successful pond re-do! I wish I had somewhere for a little pond but the best I can do is the makeshift bird bath I knocked up yesterday.
    I'm laughing at At Home with the Richardsons. I've not heard of it but it was always a fictional sitcom my first husband (a Richardson), the kids and I used to imagine we were living in because our life was so dysfunctional and full of things going wrong! It's not much better now to be honest.
    I popped over to Vix's blog and was immediately drawn in so that's another one added to my reader. Thank you for sharing the link. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post sneaked past me! Philip's worked wonders with the pond, it looks brilliant, I love the choice of pavers and your fabulous water feature, you're going to get so much pleasure sitting beside it.
    My sunflowers are shooting up, I can't wait to position them and see their smiley faces!
    I loved The Serpent, I might have to rewatch it. Did you see It's A Sin on Channel 4? Another wonderful piece of tv! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pavers are old stones that were already in the garden Vix. Philip split them in half and half again then we placed them with the new side facing up. It’s amazing what we’ve cobbled together. The only things we’ve bought are the new garden sofas, curtesy of auntie Gladys, a few plants and a £10 solar fountain
      It’s so nice to see the sunflowers coming up. Maria has some in Ulverston and friends down south have some too xxx

      Delete
  6. What a lovely little pond! It seems to be about the size of ours. Perhaps I can persuade Jos to clear last season's debris from it ...
    We've been having some lovely sunny weather too, although still a bit too chilly for the time of year. Oh well, it's not raining - or heaven forbid: snowing - so who are we to complain?
    Yay for being eligible for your state pension, and I'm salivating at the sight of your treat from Betty's Tearoom! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the pond! It's wonderful!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS