Wednesday 3 March 2021

Melon’s, books and a new frock


Wednesday 
Hump day

Is there such a thing as midweek anymore.
For us Wednesday are now the day we do our weekly
shop at the local market.

Who knew you could get so excited about buying fruit and vegetables.


So after a shower, my daily Pilates practice and breakfast of porridge
and berries it was time to get ourselves ready for the off.


There’s always lots of chat and laughter with the market traders
and the very best in produce.  Meats locally sourced and the finest
fish from Scotland.

There’s something so appealing about seeing all the lovely colours
in the sink ready for washing off before being stored away.
I love to capture the moment.

What I don’t like is the stink of the steriliser stuff we use to sanitise
the rest of the shopping.  I have a really strong sense of smell and I can smell 
it on my hands for hours after.  I think I’m going to have to wear a mask
and gloves or let the wandering welder sort it all.  

THURSDAY


World Book Day and I’m channeling my Mary Berry look.
Or maybe The Thoughtful Dresser. A Linda Grant book.


Thinking about my books I spent a happy hour looking at all
the special ones I have.  I keep them in bags that I’ve made
from my stash of fabric.


I was saving this new dress from Ghost for our first proper outing 
at the end of
lockdown but it kept jumping off the rail at me, saying ‘Wear me, Wear me’.


It’s a lovely fit and so that I wouldn’t freeze to death I’ve layered
it up with opaque tights, my Fly London boots,  a massively frothy petticoat
and a cashmere jumper I’ve had for at least 15 years.


I’m linking up with 
where there is always a giggle or two to be had.


Here’s a couple of the cartoons my 88 year old Mum has posted on
her  Facebook page this week.


Have a good weekend
Spring is upon us
Keep smiling 
Lynn
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS