Monday 25 January 2021

And this was Sunday ....... Festering, plumbing and a patchwork wall

So I said to my friend ‘I’m festering on the settee here, I think I’ll get my boots on and go for a stroll’.
Then I thought ‘FESTERING’ that’s a good word.


So I googled it.
I soon shot off the settee when it said decomposing like a dead body.


 We had a bit of trouble in the plumbing department.
The wandering welder was worried about his ballcock.
Seems it wouldn’t stop flushing.
He wasn’t amused by my witty quips, the pile of stuff he had to move
and having to pull the fitted unit apart.


The weather was to cold for me to stay out long,  even with my mouth
covered my teeth are to sensitive.  A trip to the dentist last was reassuring
that there is nothing amiss and to keep rubbing them with sensitive toothpaste.


Decided to crack on with my patchwork wall using vintage
wallpaper samples.

For the folk thinking her hair looks okay, why does she keep banging on about it.
Truth is it’s not been washed since 31st December.
Yesterday’s blog pic is how it will look when I do wash it.
The theory is if I leave it long enough it will refresh itself.


Nearly done.


How we miss going out for Sunday roast dinner.
I’ve never used these Maggi herb coated sheets before.

So here we go.


The verdict.  It was delicious.

And that was Sunday.  We will be watching the Great Pottery Throw Down
and Incredible Journeys with Simon Reeve.

Make it a good week folks whatever way you can.
Love as always 
Lynn
x







6 comments:

  1. That patchwork wall is looking fabulous as is your gorgeous recovered sofa and how lovely is that dress you're wearing?
    Poor Philip and his ballcock, we have more leaks in this house that the Titanic, Jon feels his pain.
    Festering is a great word. I feel like I'm doing the just that after a couple of hours of ebay listings, I've just pulled my wellies on and I'm off for a walk before it gets too dark! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought that dress from M&S when I suffered that long weekend of country music at Blackpool when Philip was 70 hee hee xxx

      Delete
  2. I've been festering on the couch for most of the weekend, the weather was truly horrendous! Poor Philip, though. We've had our fair share of plumbing problems, but fingers crossed all seems to be going well now. Ballcock and all :-)
    I have sensitive teeth too, it's not much fun.
    Love your patchwork wall and Sunday roast. But oh my, I don't want to know what my hair would look like if I hadn't washed it since 31 December. Then again, I never tried it so who knows! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The loo is fixed and the smile is back on his face.
      As for the hair washing it’s still looking okay. Angela my hairdresser said she’s not washing it. Mum says I’ll have nits haha xxx

      Delete
  3. I wish I had a Philip! We have three toilets and thanks to very, very hard water and dodgy French plumbing not one of them is functioning properly. And as for finding a reliable plumber... It must be great to have such a handy man around the house, you are a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very handy if not a perfectionist, unlike me who just wings it haha xx

      Delete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS