Friday 3 July 2020

Lockdown Diary - On the eve of madness

July 3rd and we’ve got the heating on and it’s never stopped raining all day.  No wonder my backs playing up, cold and wet weather don’t suit me.


It’s got to be soup for tea, to warm us up.  Jamie’s Watercress & leek is on the go now and there’s his music for cooking on Alexa.  It’s a fabulous mix of artists if you’ve never tried it. Dance round the kitchen stuff.


There was a package to be wrapped to send off to a friend.


And here’s what I did with the wooden box, originally an M&S cheese and port gift box.


I was going to make it into rooms but that idea wasn’t floating my boat at all so I veered toward the idea of making a Nature vignette.


I honestly don’t know where the day has gone but it’s flown by.
  
I’m taking mum for lunch tomorrow to the Tearoom we’ve been going to for years.  Its one place I’m confident and comfortable enough to go to.  That’s as far as it gets though aside from our normal local market shopping.  We won’t be joining the throngs of people heading to the pub or shops just yet.

Keep on staying local for a while longer.
Lynn 
x


10 comments:

  1. I too won't be rushing off to the pub or shops just at the moment. Had a coupe of nice walks and the weekly food shop with trips to work, that's me done! Love the nature vignette, It certainly is the weather for soup! enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people I know are staying put but I think there will still be mayhem everywhere.
      Take care my friend and we will meet up when the time is right xxx

      Delete
  2. I've been pretty much staying home too. It's getting old . . . I do enjoy getting out and being around other people. I hold conversations with my little dog . . . and actually think I know what he would be saying back to me. A little bit crazy, I know, but loneliness can make you a bit crazy.
    Have a sweet day my friend and enjoy your outing with Mum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie, it was nice to have someone else cook and to feel like we were doing something normal.
      Take good care and keep chatting even if it’s only virtually xxx

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love what you've done to that box!
    Have a lovely time with your mum tomorrow.
    No change here, we'll be drinking in our favourite establishment all weekend - the lounge! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely time thanks Vix.
      I’ve added some Moss I found on a wall to the box now. It’ll probably be crawling with bugs next time I look haha xxx

      Delete
  4. Lynn I love what you have done with that box, so pretty and right up my street. You have given me inspiration now, I just need to find a box. Have a wonderful day tomorrow, we are off to Tokyo Tower, with the chidren today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad I’ve inspired you Allie. I’ve just added some moss to it that I pulled of a wall.
      Hope you had a good day at Tokyo Tower with the children xx

      Delete
  5. You've turned that humble M&S box into a true work of art, Lynn. How delightfully detailed is. I hope you enjoyed lunch with your Mum and that everything went well. We haven't been out to eat yet, well, I haven't, but Jos did have lunch with his son the other week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lunch with Mum was a good experience Ann. Park Farm Tearoom is a place we’ve gone to for years so I knew we would feel comfortable and safe.
      I’m going again on Wednesday with a friend I’ve not seen for months, so we are due a good catch up.
      I’m not going anywhere else though and Philip is staying put. His friend asked if he was going for a pint but he said he’s leaving it another couple of weeks at least xxx

      Delete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS