Monday 25 May 2020

Lockdown Diary - Bank Holiday Monday



I’m starting Lockdown Monday with  a grumble.
Thinking I was supporting a local author I preordered her book “The Secrets of Love Story Bridge”.  Publishing date April 2020.  

Then I noticed she had recently published another book “Secrets of Sunshine”,May 2020,  so I sent for that as well.

Imagine my surprise this morning when deciding which one to start first I discovered it is exactly the same story in both books.  Unbelievable!!!    I’ve never come across this before.  I’ve been caught out when book are reprinted with a new cover but never a new title.

Apparently the first was for the US market who wanted a different title to the UK one.  Have you ever heard anything like it.  What a con.

Needless to say I’ve sent the first one back as I paid £20 for it.  The second one was £7.  I’ve written to the author but her explanation was as bad as a politicians.   Grumble over now.  Time for some sunshine.


The Doodly Birds are joining the,  Lockdown on our lane party.  I designed these nearly 10 years ago and they used to appear on books, bags, clocks, pens, mugs, coasters, cards, and these postcards.  They’ve all flown the nest now and they are not like homing pigeons, they won’t be making a comeback.  Done that one, ticked it off, got the T-shirt.  Well
Philip has, he still wears his haha.






Here they are with Big Ted waiting for the walkers to say hello.


Right I’m off as it’s time  for my favourite programme of the week - Grayson Perry’s Artclub, channel 4, 8pm.  This week’s theme is HOME and here’s his bear Alan Measles peering out the window.


Could be looking for his friend Ten Bob Ted.






No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS