Sunday 5 January 2020

What’s on your Workdesk Wednesday


Well, hello and welcome to 2020


Hope you are all ready to start something new or maybe finish up old projects.


One of the things I’ll be doing is to carry on picking out random books to read from the shelves of my local library.
Last year I read lots of books I ordinarily wouldn’t have looked at and all for free.


I’m looking forward to attending more craft workshops, learning some new skills and being with like minded people
.

Another thing I’m thinking of is something I read about and that is the practice of 
Meaning to look more deeply at the things I already have and do, rather than looking wider for other things.

Staying on the book theme for example, you could work through that pile of books you’ve already got rather than buying more.

Maybe for you it might be appreciating the clothes in your wardrobe, making the most of them, looking at how you can wear them differently, rather than thinking you need something new.

If, like me, you are prone to skipping from one thing to another and completing nothing, now could be a good time to concentrate on projects you’ve already started before moving onto another. The craft/textile workshops I will be attending will give more depth to the skills I’ve already got.

 Hope you get the idea.


Whether I’m successful or not I’ll let you know 
Happy 2020 to everyone at 

16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Lynn! I struggle with the idea that you are a flitter and not a finisher, but am all for some Go Wider....I think Jan and I were talking about this very concept on Monday. Although of course, we had no idea that there was a ‘thing’ for it! I wish you luck, report in won’t you. Meanwhile, loving your vignette photography, I’ll take more of that every day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Lynn! The concept of 'going deeper' chimes with the plans I've been making for this year. At my age it's time I stopped flitting and simply finished. It looks as though you've started well too and the craft/textile workshops sound like just the thing to keep you on track. I look forward to keeping up with your experiences throughout the year. #18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn, I've been re-reading a lot of books I own recently! I do however need to 'go deeper' in finishing a lot of stuff in my UFO box, lol. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just turned 70 and am trying to stop flitting in my life. It is definitely time to go deeper and not wider. I am trying!
    Glenda #19

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Lynn! Trying to go deeper and not wider sounds like a good idea. Not sure I would be able to manage on the clothes front though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you!
    Love the Go Deeper, Not Wider motto, that's definitely us when it comes to India returning annually to discover more rather than tick things off on a travel bucket list! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! I love to go deeper and it is definitely in my plans for this year. The photos you have shared with us are gorgeous. Happy WOYWW. I hope you have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#11)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wise words Lynn - I definitely need to 'go deeper' and not constantly be swept along on new ideas - Pinterest needs to shoulder a lot of the blame I feel!
    I love your photos and was thrilled to see the very rare Doodly Bird making an appearance!
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New year! I'd like to even start some projects never mind flit from one to the other... we'll see! have a great week Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New year to you Lynn and I agree with everything you're saying but I think I planned to do all of these years ago and still haven't managed it so I promise to try better this year! Wishing you a very happy and ceative woyww, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely and meaningful post...I wholeheartedly agree with you! May 2020 be a year of rediscovery for us all.
    Hugs LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great resolution Lynn. I love the library and often go there. I am currently reading a book that I've had on my bookshelf at home for ages and never got round to so we have that in common. Look forward to seeing more of your textile projects this year. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I’m definitely agreeing with the idea of deeper/wider. I’ve a few unfinished things I need to concentrate on x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful ideas Lynn, I have a fair few of unfinished projects to do. x Angela #27

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year to you and yours too. I love your blog - it is always pictorial rather than wordy but today there are quite a few words - but they are words of wisdom.
    I fully intend reading some of the books I have bought on my Kindle rather than keep buying them - in fact I now shut off the emails regarding them so I am not tempted and have been doing this for quite a while. Secondly I have got some of the coloured tights and am wearing turquoise ones at the moment, so warm and I love them - and I am wearing skirts for a change - and shoes that have not seen daylight for years.
    Keep up with the words of wisdom but don't neglect the pictures, I love them so much.
    Hugs, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking forward to hearing your discoveries in the FB group!

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS