Friday 15 November 2019

The Pamela’s

As soon as I saw these super brooches by Viv Sliwka of Hens Teeth I burst into song.  Viv has named her creations “Pamela”.
This is how she describes them on her Instagram page 








Yes but why have I burst into song you might be asking. Do you remember Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders ?  If you do you might remember this song -

Pamela, Pamela 
Remember the days 
Of inkwells and apples 
And books and school plays 
Where little Brer Rabbit kissed Pooh in the wood 
And Fluff was the cat that sat on the rug 
Oh, Pamela 
I remember so well 
When Laurel and Hardy were shown at the flicks 
With sticky red lollies on splintery sticks 
Pigtails and ribbons and crushes on miss 
Secret discussions about a first kiss 
But you were young 
And everything was new 
Impatient to do things you couldn't do 
Oh, Pamela, Pamela 
You started to grow 
Answers to questions you wanted to know 
When the rest of your childhood 
Forgets as a dream 
And the harshness of life 
Dims those peaches and cream.

I love the words and think they suit the “Pamela’s” beautifully 


I’ve long been a fan of this lovely ladies work and have several of her pieces.



One of my favourite things to do is to support British Makers 

4 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous, proper mini works of art! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know the song, but the lyrics are wonderful, and so are the Pamelas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im such a fan of Viv's work.
    I attended a workshop at Hope & Elvis a while ago and it was wonderful.
    There is so much character and love stitched into every single piece x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh gorgeous Viv, when i was little my mother had a babysitter called Pamela, she was all of those things, not like the horrible Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS