Monday 16 September 2019

Happy birthday my darling


See that sulky looking young 15 year old sat on top of the stock car,  well this week he is 70.
I wonder how he will feel when he opens the card I’ve had made using the same photo.  
I’ve been looking at this photo for the last 40 years and it was only a couple of days ago I realised the poignancy of the car number.  It feels weird to me, never mind Philip.


Here he is at different stages a 15 year old, then 30 years old going on our first holiday abroad together.  At 40 we tied the knot on a beach in Miami, with friends watching on.  The best two weeks ever.  We had a stag do, a hen party, a wedding, a honeymoon and a 40th over a two week period.  We never stop laughing and now 30 years down the line we are still laughing about it.  I don’t know many people that will recall their wedding with as much joy as we do.  There are so many tales to tell I could write a book.


Most people know I fondly call him the wandering welder because he travels all over the place and I never know if he will be back in time for tea.






He has always been a bit of a dapper chap.  When we first started courting he drove a white Ford Mustang convertible and wore a fur jacket and Farrar trousers and sported a Kevin Keegan perm.  Sadly in those days we weren’t as quick to get a photo as we all are now.


In 2018 we met up with our lovely friends Vix & Jon, Ann & Jos in Chester and you can see at 69  Philip still likes to dress up for the occasion.










So my lovely man I hope we have many more years together, having fun and doing new things and exploring new places along with being with our lovely friends and family.


We are off to the British Country Music Festival in Blackpool for the three days to celebrate.  Gawd help me it’s not my thing but a certain wandering welder will be happy.  See you on the other side

Lynn x

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to the wandering welder, Lynn. And how poignant is that car number in the photo. I loved seeing pictures of Philip and you through the years, and oh ... Jos and I are in one of them too! You are a truly wonderful couple, and yes, humour is such an important factor in a relationship. The very happiest of birthdays to Philip! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to our lovely friend, Philip and how exciting to feature in this brilliant photographic round-up. He's always been a style icon!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great display of photos . . . I know they hold wonderful memories for you both. Happy Birthday Phillip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many blog and article sites have built-in features that allow readers to leave comments, fostering interaction and creating a sense of community.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS