Wednesday 28 August 2019

These won’t wilt



“Paper roses, paper roses, how dear those roses seem to me.  
But they’re only imitation, like your imitation love for me”
(Marie Osmond)
1973


Here’s what I made at a workshop I went on last week while on holiday at our caravan in Cumbria.  


It was a fantastic day spent with likeminded people. I have to hold my hand up and say I’m not good at taking instruction and have to be told several times before it sinks in.  Saying that I was pleased with my efforts.


We all had a good giggle when textile artist Corinne Young, our teacher for the day,  said my rose was “conical”.  I thought she said “comical” and was most put out as I was trying so valiantly to do it properly.

The afternoon tea was delicious, as was the cooked lunch and wine we had partaken of earlier.   It’s any wonder we got anything made in the afternoon.  What fabulous hosts Angela & Deb’s were at The Create Escape, Milnthorpe.

Now before I sign off can anyone guess what these are.  There’s no prize but I’ll tell you next week and hopefully I will have done something with one of them to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS