Sunday 7 July 2019

Garden Tat

 

Last week I jokingly said I had the the worst garden tat
after a friend bought a metal cockerel


Well it soon turned out into full competition mode.


I was well out in front until some clever
clogs came up with a three foot plastic dinosaur.




I nearly conceded the title at this point


after looking around at my little collection.


Then I thought I’ve got to pull a rabbit out of the hat 
here or I’m doomed.


So I didn’t bottle it,  I came out all guns blazing


and here it is,  the winning piece.
My mahoosive scarecrow budgie from 2012.


Think that puts me back up on the winning spot 
don’t you.

4 comments:

  1. That really made me laugh out loud, Lynn. Surely, you must be crowned Queen of the Garden Tat! This almost made me regret we gave away the kitschy garden gnome which was in our garden when we bought the house. We gave him away to my Dad shortly after we moved in, his wheelbarrow filled with bottles of beer. My Dad dutifully planted up the little wheelbarrow with Busy Lizzies each year. When we were in the process of selling the house, a friend of my sister's asked about the gnome. Turned out he was the grandson of the people we bought the house from. So, we decided to give him the gnome, which now happily lives in his garden. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's absolutely brilliant! I remember being mesmerised by all your creative garden tat when we visited, I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS