Sunday 7 April 2019

Gathered Found Made


I love to look at the work and creative thinking of others.
The textures, tones and rawness of Julia Joplin’s makes and  photography really appeal to me.

The Instagram page of 


Julia along with husband David run Radnor bed & breakfast in Hay on Wye.  This is also where she gathers, makes, sews and paints.


I’d love to stay and spend some time in Hay, browsing the book shops and quirky independant shops in the area


At the start of my creative journey some 20 years ago I was drawn to this type of work and would take photo after photo of the industrial look and nature.  Many images were of  rusted steel, paint stripped wood, windows and doors, twigs, leaves, moorland walls and fencing.

(All above images are Julia Joplin’s)

Later I’d work gathered pieces onto canvas or interweave twigs with found objects.
Still being drawn to the natural and the found in the work of other makers I’m feeling a creative pull that way.  Maybe it’s time to get out there with my camera again.


 collected created canvas 
By Lynn Holland

2 comments:

  1. What inspiration! I love that overgrown doorway and all the wonderful flaky paintwork. Your collected covered canvas is absolutely beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia Joplin seems to be a very talented lady, and wouldn't it be wonderful to stay at her B&B in Hay-on-Wye? It's been far too long since I last visited this pretty little town. It's got such a relaxed atmosphere in spite of the crowds. Your own collected created canvas is utterly fascinating! xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS