Sunday 2 June 2013

A BIT RETRO A BIT ECLECTIC

I really have the most eclectic house. One thing I do know is I like colour and pattern.
This week I got this gorgeous lampshade (I did need it my old one was shot at) from
 Retro Girlie Vicki
It goes so well with the framed textile design I have on the lounge wall.
Colour and pattern in the bedroom
Different again in the bathroom
 Every piece in my house is loved and has a story behind it.
Even the watering can in my garden, it was given to me by Shabir at work when I was 40 and I am 57 now. 
 When its Christmas or my birthday I ask for things like a new ruler, a potato peeler, some dishclothes.  You might well laugh but when I use them I always think of the person who gave it to me, so everything is special you see. Including my VW Beetle which I have had for 10 years and my husband bought me.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, I love your home and the way you put things together in such a creative way. Your new lampshade will fit in perfectly - love it! Love your VW too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eclectic is the word.I'm all for it.Love that lamp.I recently saw those "lava lamps" for sale!Saw recently on Kirsty's Home made style, a retro makeover.It did look good.Love the anything goes kind of decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You 'old' romantic you! But I totally understand; I am exactly the same. I love to remember who bought, or why I bought, what. If someone goes to the trouble of getting me something then I think I should remember them. I love your lampshade and the textile art that goes with it is beautiful. I'm impressed you have a bathroom big enough for a footstool & some wildlife, haha :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the footstool cost me £4.50 from a junk shop in Kendal and it's used for standing on so that I can see out of the velum window and to house the lovely cushion that Natasja of CrotcheTime made me. There is also a watercolour print in a frame of St. Ives a friend gave me when I was 50. In fact I could do a blog page just on the stuff in my bathroom. Perhaps I should write about each room and what's in it !!!

      Delete
    2. I'm sure that would be most enjoyable to the nosy amongst us Lynn - and I am of course including myself in that, haha. Most other people's homes are quite interesting I think. Mine is most definitely not, haha :0) xxx

      Delete
  4. I have a companion shorebird to yours. No, really! It would match your two perfectly. I bought it some 20 years ago from a Canadian carver. Maybe I should leave it to you in my will!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite sayings " can you leave me that in my will" or " I'll leave you that in my will". I've had lots of laughs about them and yes please Colette !

      Delete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS