With our £1 bargain paint pots and our £1 canvas & easels the ladies of Sunnybank Day Centre Craft Club first added stripes to their mini canvasses and then once they were dry added paper flowers and the word SPRING. Aren't they lovely and colourful.While they waited for the paint to dry we started work on some BAG CHARMS which included their initials. We made them using this box of wooden beads I got off the internet.
It was lovely to see so much colour around on what was a bit of a blustery dull day.
The session could not end without the infamous factoids supplied by Susan who was away enjoying herself on a cruise. Im sure she will have tales to tell on her return.
So what were her factoids this week ..... FACTS ON APRIL and here are few examples of what she came up with.
1. April and July always start on the same day of the week.
2. April birthstone is Diamond and the Birth Flower is Daisy or Sweet Pea,
unless you are born on the 19th then it is the Primrose.
3. April is International Guitar month.
4. The cuckoo arrives in April and sings from St. Tiburtuis day (14th) until
St. Johns Day 24th June.
5. If you heard the cuckoo song on the 14th you should turn over all the
money in your pocket, spit and not look on the ground. If you do this
and are standing on soft ground you will have good luck but if you are
stood on hard ground you will have bad luck.
6. The first laundrette opened on April 18th 1934 in Fort Worth Texas.
It had 4 electric washers that were rented by the hour.
7. No one knows how April Fools Day started but it was first mentioned in
1392 in the Canterbury Tales.
I WILL LEAVE YOU TO DECIDE WHICH ARE TRUE AND WHICH ARE FALSE.