Saturday 13 March 2021

Zooming in on a few things


Look at that face.
That’s a face that’s saying 
‘Crikey, I did it.  I managed to do a zoom meeting along with
lots of other like minded folk’


I’m now a member of the No Rules Textile Society set up by textile artist
Jayne Emerson.


Saturday was the first meeting of the society.  It felt like a day out.  I did my hair,
applied a bit of slap and picked out a cheery outfit for the occasion.

The wandering welder said have you done your mood board yet.
No said I,  I’ve got to get myself ready first.  After all this will be the most
folk I’ve seen in months.


After a lovely introduction, Jayne chatted about the aim of the group
and how it would work.  Then we did a show and tell about the
mood boards we’d been asked to prepare.  The boards consist of things
that hopefully show our style and things that appeal to us.

It was so nice to get to know new people and form a new community.
Every month we will receive a word prompt that will dictate the project
we will be working on.


So this month the prompt is Tufted.  It’s a bit of a tough one for our first
attempt.  I’m sure we were all groaning behind the muted zoom images.


An hour and half later, fired up ready to get started, I looked
round the house for tufted objects for inspiration and found
the coconut pan scrub in the kitchen, an old paint brush and
a coil of stranded wire, along with some textured wool, string
raffia paper.


I’ve stripped down the cork wall boards I use as inspiration boards and I’m loading them up
with all my finds.  I don’t think Philip was impressed when I tried to nab the bath mat and threatened to
cut it up to work into.  I did say I’d get him another.

For now that’s as far as I’ve got. Mother’s Day on Sunday and Mum is coming for afternoon tea.
Not made by me may I add.  I’ve bought her Amanda Owen, the Yorkshire Shepherdess latest book.
I didn’t know she writes a monthly piece for the Yorkshire Dalesman magazine.
This book is a compilation of the columns that have been published.


Have a great day and stay safe, we are getting there now.

Lynn
x

3 comments:

  1. Well done on mastering Zoom, which is something I have yet to accomplish. I'm such a technophobe! Your cardigan is gorgeous, by the way.
    Can't wait to see the finished "tufted" project, with or without the bath math :-)
    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your Mum! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on zoom, we use zoom in everyday life from work to talking to my family, we also use teams. I don’t know how I wouldn’t survive without it.
    A new project is always exciting and meeting other members of your craft group is really good as well.
    It’s a bit like being in a craft class but a virtual one. I love the Yorkshire shepherdess I admire her. I got flowers, cupcakes and beauty treats. We don’t celebrate in Japan. We have do have lots of celebrations anyway. Enjoy your new project love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shuld be very proud of yourself. I did used to Skype with blog pals in the US, Australia & New Zealand a few years ago but I'm not sure I'd like chatting to a group, I'm really shy behind the eyelashes and jewellery.
    The paintbrush and coconut scrubber are everyday items of such simplicity, clever you to see the beauty in them. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS