Tuesday 26 January 2021

Monday, Monday ....... was it good to you



Monday,  Monday so good to me.

Do you remember that tune by the Mamas & the Papas from 1966.
It’s about the lousy feeling people have after the weekend.

I haven’t got the Monday morning feeling, because half the time I don’t
even know what day it is, but I’m sure a lot of folk have.


I thought we were in for another pea souper of a day
early on, then as if by magic it cleared and a cold but
beautiful day emerged. 


Someone asked if I played background music during my morning
Pilates practice.  Yes I do. It’s a cd I’ve had for years. If you want
some pleasant music to relax to you’ll love this cd with its soothing
panpipes and piano sounds.


Dress - Marks & Spencer in 2019
Cardigan - Second hand market, Todmorden £1
Brooch by Instagram friend and maker Bodkincreates 



I spent the morning working out how to add the book list gadget to
the sidebar on my blog.  Along with fellow blogger and friend
Vix we thought it would be a good idea to have a record of the
books we’ve read.


After that I wrapped parcels ready for posting, then finished off
the patchwork wall in the craft room, or as the wandering welder
grandly calls it The Studio.


Look at this, I’ve actually been caught faffing.
I’m messing with some Distress Stains I bought in 2014
and recently came across in a cupboard.


So for me that was Monday.  The wandering welder went off to see
a man about an expander.  He’s selling it, along with other tools
of his trade. Then he did a top up shop of essentials at Aldi.
That’ll last us about 4-6 weeks now, so there’s only the weekly
market shop for fresh food and milk on Wednesday’s.


If you want a quick and healthy evening meal try Aldi Veggie burgers,
ping vegetable rice and salad.

We will be watching itv’s Breaking Dad with Barney & Bradley Walsh.
Proper feel good telly.

Did anyone stick with Sunday nights ITV’s Finding Alice.

Keep smiling and see you soon.
Lynn
x




8 comments:

  1. It was lovely and sunny here in Devon yesterday so always a good start to the week if the suns out. For a quick meal your dinner looks lovely - we shop in Aldi so I shall look out for the buegers next time as eldest Daughters veggie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recommend the veggie burgers. We’ve been eating them for a couple of years now. You’ll find them in the freezer section x

      Delete
  2. Your reading lists look great in your side bar, Lynn! Aren't we clever sausages figuring out that technology? Philip is right to be proud of us. Thanks for the shout out!
    Loving your floral frock, cheery cardi and marvellous beer mittens. Your veggie burgers look lovely - we don't have an Aldi in Walsall. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There’s tons more books from 2019 but I don’t know if it slows down loading up my blog. What do you think ?
      Shame you don’t have an Aldi as the veggie burgers are lovely, we’ve been buying them for a couple of years xxx

      Delete
  3. I must take a look at that reading list of yours! Got to love veggie food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There’s loads more books from 2019 that I could load up xx

      Delete
  4. I know that Monday morning feeling all too well, especially since it is one of my working days! Luckily, we had your cold but beautiful day yesterday (Tuesday), when I didn't have to go into work! How clever you are putting up that list of books in your blog's sidebar! Loving the floral M&S frock and that photo of you caught in the act of faffing made me smile! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. The book list came through chatting with Vix about it. I’ve tons more I could load up from 2019. I got that dress from Marks & Spencer when I suffered that country music weekend in Blackpool for Philips 70th xxx

      Delete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS