Saturday 23 May 2020

Lockdown Diary - Saturday 23rd May 2020


As the weather was to windy to walk over the moors we went down into nearby Healey Dell Nature Reserve. It’s a lot more sheltered down there. We are lucky enough to live overlooking the reserve and have magnificent views from our windows.


Don’t think Philip was impressed with my tree climbing skills.


Isn’t it a beautiful place. 


This is the fairy glen with the stone viaduct above.  The viaduct was once a local railway line.


After a light lunch at home and a change of clothes off we went to see our beautiful niece.  I think the lockdown has messed with my normal organised birthday brain.  Turns out it’s not Olivia’s birthday while Monday.  


Two gorgeous girls,  Olivia and Blossom the teacup
Pomeranian 


Back home and time to reflect on how strange it felt to be out in heavy traffic again after all these weeks and how sad not to have been able to hug everyone and  have a cuddle with young Blossom.




4 comments:

  1. I guess Healey Dell is where you met Robin Hood! I just read your comment that the number of followers goes down when you start singing, but honestly it is one of the most cheering things I see on Instagram! I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the beautiful Olivia! How gorgeous is little Blossom?
    Loving both your paty look and your rambling one - both you and Philip should be used on adverts for rambling in style.
    That viaduct makes me go a bit weak at the knees, I love a bit of crumbling industrial architecture - I'm such a townie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it does look like a beautiful place. I love the viaduct, like Vix I love crumbling architecture. Your niece is pretty, and Blossom is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Olivia! You are so lucky to have Healey Dell Nature Reserve on your doorsteps. It's absolutely enchanting! xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS