Friday 7 June 2019

Girl crush



There are so many women I admire for their passion, commitment, drive and focus.

Here are a few.
Jessie Chorley who I had the pleasure of meeting when I attended one of her workshops, held at my friend Tina Gilmore’s studio in Montgomery, Wales.
Jessie has a fabulous shop in Columbia Road, London, selling her beautiful creations and lots of inspirational pieces for you to collage and stitch with. She also travels the world teaching 



I love attending Anne Brooke’s workshops at her specially built studio 76 1/2  in Brighouse, Yorkshire.
This gorgeous lady creates wonderful collage pieces with paper and stitch and she is only about a 30-40 minute drive from where I live. 



I’m a fully paid up groupie of Viv Sliwka’s work and of the lady herself. Viv also travels the world, like Jessie, teaching her particular style of textile art.

I could quite easily spend my days in the company of these three special ladies given the chance and all the like minded people I meet on their workshops.  I always feel as if I’m in the place I’m meant to be.  It’s the same when I’m with my vintage trader friends.  

I’m going to be blogging about other women I admire over the next few weeks.  Hope they will inspire you too  

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing these three lovely, talented ladies, Lynn! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit Jessie Chorley shop one day, i love her style. All three are very talented ladies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for those links to those arty, inspiring women. I shall check them all out after I've caught up with all I've missed in blogland! xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS