Friday 31 May 2019

Second hand Rose


I was looking at this picture when it occurred to me that the only thing new on it was the wallpaper.
The dresser came from Age UK in Grange over Sands, Cumbria, £20
The mirror from Age UKin Elland, Yorkshire £10
The teddy was rescued from Witney Bears when I visited my sister a couple of years ago.
The tea cup and saucer where a gift from a friend and my clothes are from various charity shops.


Yesterday we had a trip over to Gargrave, near Skipton, Yorkshire.  I found this lovely embroidered bag at the Vintage Fair in the Village Hall.



I picked up this lovely cranberry bottle and a book about Celia Birtwell, British fashion designer and muse of artist David Hockney.





It’s a stunning book not just visually but a good read as well.

Now the lady in the top corner of the tryptic photo is someone I came across on Instagram.  Her style is amazing and she makes all her own clothes.  She mashes colours, textures and patterns together and they work beautifully, layer upon layer.  I can see me morphing into her.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you love being a second hand Rose? I know I do! Love the embroidered bag, and I'm drooling over that Celia Birtwell book. The cranberry bottle is gorgeous too, but most of all, I'd like to have the view behind it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come and visit us while you’re in the UK. You could stay over Ann and we could take you over to Todmorden xxx

      Delete
  2. I meant to reply to your link to that incredible lady, I'm such a butterfingers when it comes to using that tablet! Her style is incredible and not unlike yours already, I can sell why you love her!
    Second hand shopping is the only way as you demonstrate perfectly! i love that upcycled bag and the Celia book! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Celia book is fantastic, just up your street xxx

      Delete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS