Saturday 24 November 2018

My Mum - A real star


Today I’ve been out for afternoon tea with a real star,


my Mum who was celebrating her 86th birthday.


Born in 1932 she has been through a lot in her life, always remaining positive and doing her best for us three kids.


She lost her own Mum at the age of 24.  Her father had left them when she and her brother, my Uncle Derek, where only young.


I only remember my childhood as one of being loved and cared for by this strong woman even when she must have been going through all sorts of hell when our own father left us when I was 18, my brother 15 and my sister only 8 years old.




There wasn’t the song and dance made in those days about how hard things were, everyone just got on with things. Mostly privately.


Look at her now at the age of 86 she does Facebook & texting , has a more modern phone than me.  Goes out every day.  Half the time we haven’t a clue what she’s upto.
She says she’s planning on staying while she’s a 100 year old.
Well here’s to you Mum,  I sincerely hope you do as you are a real star and a Mum to be proud of .


Happy birthday Mum 
xxx


6 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Lynn, happy birthday to your mum! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’š❤๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’—

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post...my mum was made out of the same mould. They were a tremendous generation. Good on your mum for being so active and enjoying life!!
    Hugs LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute to your Mum, Lynn! You're so lucky to still have her. I couldn't help noticing that she's the same age as my Dad would have been, born in 1932. Happy birthday to your Mum! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spending good wishes for a truly happy birthday and a year filled with great health and wonderful adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful post and a fabulous tribute to such an inspirational lady! Can I borrow her to teach me how to use technology? xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS