Wednesday 18 October 2017

Scrapbag Style

I’m very excited to have a new frock for winter made by my friend Val.


It’s made from some curtain scraps and a bit of Tweed leftover from a waistcoat she upcycled for Philip.

I made the brooch myself using  a curtain ring, some string, lace and beads.


I treated myself to some new long sleeve thermal vests from M&S to wear with it.  There’s the aubergine one I’m wearing here and an oatmeal one as well



Tights are from Gipsy Tights UK
Last years Fly London boots



The beret was a gift from an Instagram friend, she made it herself. So so talented.



The jacket and scarf were charity shop finds and go beautifully with it.

Val’s making me a tote bag with the scraps that are left.

The pinafore pattern is  Dottie Angel one available widely on the internet 

What’s on your Workdesk Wednesday link
  Visible Monday linkl


15 comments:

  1. Your friend Val is very talented! I love how she combined the different prints and textures. That beret is a work of art as well. I'm not going to ask you to add it to my pile, seeing it was a gift from a friend. But you can add the jacket instead ;-) Great layering in this outfit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow loving that! gorgeous colours and from what I can see, it suits you very well. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love it, What a lot of talent your friends have! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Val is a keeper! You do have an amazing way of putting patterns and colour together gal, am loving the look. Again. And the brooch - only you could turn a curtain ring into something so wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab dress Lynn, and I love your style of putting things together and looking so stylish - I love the plummy aubergine colours at this time of year, and Julia has taken the words right out of my mouth - only you could do something so spectacular with a curtain ring and a few bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love that dress!
    Hugs
    Tracey x
    #20

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the broach, think that is on my to do list. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val's a genius! What a stunner of a dress. I loved those dresses on the rail in the Granny Chic book and thought of you straightaway!
    Your artist's eye for a fine fabric shines through and that brooch is adorable.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent combination of fabrics and the pinafore pattern is brilliant, looks great! Clever brooch idea too :-D
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress is perfect. You know how much I like scraps :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep being drawn back to your blog as I love to see what you have been creating.
    The fabric and style of your dress is beautiful and your curtain ring brooch is ingenious.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE THAT DRESS!!! Between you and Fiona-Staring at the Sea I am going to have to make myself a winter dress!!!
    Christine #17

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous dress, really suits you. Funnily enough I've just bought a thin T-Shirt to go under one of my sleeveless chambray dresses as I wanted to be able to wear it for longer. Happy creative weekend, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a great dress and I love what you have put together with it to finish off the outfit. You have some talented friends and your brooch goes so well too. Happy belated WOYWW Sarah #24

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this Lynn, your friend is so talented. xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS