Monday 22 January 2018

Boots and Basket at the ready


I can’t put it off a moment longer


The cupboard is bare and there’s a hungry 
wandering welder to feed later


So Red Riding Hood boots and basket at
the ready it’s time to brave the chilly wind and rain here in the north west of  England 

I’ve donned a charity shop find Crochet top over a vintage summer frock that I picked up in London a couple of years ago and underneath I’m wearing a M&S thermal long sleeve vest that cost more than the frock.  The petticoat was originally a skirt but I didn’t like the top layer so I did a mad axeman job on it and turned it into a lacy petticoat 


A friend made me this lovely brooch, which I wear a lot.
Now is there just time for one last cuppa before I go.
Yep looks like it.








12 comments:

  1. All looks lovely Lynn, I wouldn't get much shopping in that little basket though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look ready to brave all weathers with your cheerful flock, crochet top, lacy petticoat and red boots. Had a good chuckle when I read the thermal undies cost more than the frock! Hope you made it to the shops and back safely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness . . . this is the cutest, most creative post ever!!! Love the basket, love the boots, but hail to the creative princess behind the writing and costume . . . our owe Little Red Riding-Hood :) If I were young again I would copy your outfit.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popped over from Connie's I too am a fan of a basket. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mix of fabrics. And, I gotta say, those boots are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came over from Connie's blog to say hello. Love the outfit

    ReplyDelete
  7. I discovered your blog thru Connie's Crafty Home Cottage blog and I'm so glad I did. Red is my favorite color, so your outfit really spoke to me, and I absolutely love your Red Riding Hood boots... so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn, Quirky but cute. Love the boots. Connie from Crafty Home Cottage sent me here to visit. I surely will be back . I loved seeing your needle workings. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connie also sent me over to visit and I loved your post. I’ll definitely be back.
    Blessings,
    Betsy
    Http://betsy-thesimplelifeofaqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm another who came by via Connie's blog. I'm not very creative but love to see what others make and do. And I love to shop at thrift stores too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited,Thank you for sharing good topic.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  12. That vintage frock looks amazing, I so love those bold patterns. It goes so well with the crochet top, petticoat, grey tights and red boots.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS