Friday 19 May 2017

To give or not to give that is the question


It is quite a difficult decision whether to give the friend you haven't seen for ages the 
beautiful bouquet of flowers you bought her or whether to keep them for yourself


Hmm !  Let me think 
I'll have a walk round to my favourite antique bookshop
while I decide.



I'll  have a quick browse round as you can never 
get a seat in this place. They keep the chairs on the 
ceiling for some reason.


Maybe if I buy myself a couple of books 
that will help me part with the flowers


.  Better not keep her waiting much longer.

The Old Coop Todmorden

Perhaps I could just grow some of my own


I'll sit and ponder over it some more. 
After all its a very serious matter.


Have you guessed I'm in my happy place of the little market town 
of Todmorden again.

Did I give them to her ?  Of course I did but I kept the books.
Happy Friday over at 


 




9 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. A little of heaven on earth eh? Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post - a great sense of humour within the lines.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were gorgeous flowers so I can understand the difficult decision, you can get more flowers but maybe friends are not so easy to come by! Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are gorgeous! I don't blame you for having to think about it... Todmorden (I've never Heard of it) looks very nice, and if it has such a great Antique book shop then I like it even more.
    Have a great week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blooms are pretty but that Culpepper's book is a stunner. i could leaf through that for hours.
    Your outfit is fab. I saw a blog post a while ago where the writer's daughter had made her a plain skirt at the beginning of the Summer and they intended to sew a memento on to it every time they went anywhere interesting. You could do that, you find something fabulous in Tod every time you go! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love flowers and also reading, some fab outfits recently as well lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wouldn't mind a browse in that bookshop, even if there's no place to sit! The bouquet is lovely too, and I love that Pollination Street sign! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little story this week. The flowers are beautiful and I am sure your friend loved them. I hope you enjoy your book too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. one of these days we will have to meet up in Todd for a catch up! xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS