Wednesday 18 January 2012

AND BREATHE .....

Well I am into my fifth day now of having proper flu, I wouldn't recommend it. After losing two nights sleep with coughing I thought I will have to do something about this, so out came my trusty IPad and we found a site that tells you about a breathing technique to stop the cough. Here's how....... Only breath through your nose and when you feel a coughing fit starting hold onto your nose, don't open your mouth at all. It all seems a bit odd at first but stick at it it works. After a while I spit out a load of yuck (I know to much information) where before nothing was coming out. So I am sending the overworked husband out to the shop for some Manuka honey, some boiled sweets and some more melons as they are all I am eating. I am missing my studio and can't wait to be up and about again, but I am reading a beautiful book "My Heart Wanders" by Pia Jane Bijkerk. It's a celebration of taking risks, letting go and making a home wherever you are. The photography in it is stunning. If like me you are poorly get hold of a copy it will take your troubles away for awhile. Sorry I can't load any images from my IPad I need to get back onto my main computer to do that. Maybe tomorrow who knows. Happy deep relaxed breathing x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS