Tuesday 8 March 2016

Women who bring art into my life

While beavering away today I was listening to Radio Manchester.
The main topic of conversation has been
 INTERNATIONAL WORLD WOMEN'S DAY.

 Listeners were asked which woman or women inspired them
I couldn't resist ringing in and saying that my admiration goes out to all the artist/makers/crafters working alone in their studio workshops with perhaps just the radio for company.  
Getting  motivated every day can be hard for people working on their own.
 
But with the blogs and facebook pages they write about their work and the fantastic photographs that are posted it makes for a wonderful community where people are boosting each others confidence and inspiring one another to carry on.

Here are a tiny tiny few of the women textile/mixed media artists that I like and don't get me started on all the fabulous women I know in Vintage Land. I will have to leave that for another day

LINKS TO




5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Lynn. I was very moved by this post. I hope you know that I'm filled with admiration for you and for many reasons, not least that you are a beautiful person! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a lovely thing to say Colette, thank you. I am very humbled by your words xxx

      Delete
  2. Yes, all those creative women inspire me as well, I get excited when I see on my blog reader that they have a new post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jo
      I want to wish you well on your new venture and great to see you going for it.
      Lynn :)

      Delete
  3. There are certainly some inspiring people out there. Happy belated International Women's day! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS