The craft club group at Sunnybank Day Centre had their cake and ate it today.
Using these lovely bags that Susan got from a pound shop they firstly coloured in some cupcake stickers using felt pens. Then after cutting around the shapes and using foam stickers on the back we glued them to the pink card strip, then attached the strip to the back of the bag. Are'nt they pretty.
The group were then given a cupcake each to put in their bags.
You can see how happy Lily was with the result.
The morning would not have been complete without some of Susan's famous facts and today she stuck to the subject in hand. CAKES
1. Cakes have been around for centuries in one form or another, it was originally a flattened hard bread.
2. In Roman times eggs and butter were added to give it a softer consistency.
3. A medieval Epiphany cake would feature live birds and frogs bursting out of it.
4. A burial cake was kept close to the head of the dead person and you had to have a piece of cake in your mouth when you looked at the body.
5. It was said that if you made your own wedding cake that you would work for the rest of your life.
6. Prince William and Kate's wedding cake had eight tiers with 17 different blooms of flowers on.
7. Originally cupcakes were so called as ingredients were measured by the cupful.
Believe what you will of Susan's famous facts, we never know whats true and what's made up