Thursday 24 January 2013

MINI PINNY & IRON-ON VILENE

I virtually had a full day doing my course work yesterday.  Virtually, except for taking the dog out, going off at some many tangents as we women do.  I went upstairs to find some threads and came down an hour later after going through a pile of magazines ( all craft related), getting the hoover out and tidying round the living room.
Today was about getting used to my sewing machine, stitching with iron-on vilene on paper and more design work.
I need to practice a lot lot more on my machine and learn about tension, what threads and needles to use and to do more freestyle embroidery.
But I am pleased with what I've achieved.
You can see more pictures of my course work over here on my flickr page.

4 comments:

  1. Practice makes perfect and it's looking pretty good to me Lynn. :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, what pretty stitches your machine makes Lynn :D My mini machine goes forwards and only forwards, haha. Your Mini Pinny is very pretty. What is Vilene? Mo :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mini pinny, the lace on it is just gorgeous - I have a thing for lace at the moment.... Don't forget I have some of your craft magazines too, which I will bring back when we visit in February. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty work! Love it! I am saving my pennies for an embroidery machine--can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS