Thursday 9 February 2012

GAIL'S FIRST SOLO EXHIBITION

This Sunday I will going to the first solo exhibition of an artist friend of mine
Gail McArdle. 
FEBRUARY 12 TILL MARCH 7
2012
Gail McArdle - Paintings
Come to the preview Sunday February 12
      10 am - 4 pm (wine)
 I first came across Gail when I went to an exhibition of the textile group BOLTON PROGRESS THREADS of which she is a member.  
www.boltonprogressivethreads.co.uk
I saw this lovely piece "Stitch In Time", but didnt buy it.   It was only when I went to another of their exhibitions and saw it again that I knew that I would not be leaving without it.  It now hangs in my kitchen and is much admired by everyone who visits.
Gail's recent work has taken a different direction and has become more painterly, though she still works in textiles.  I am excited to see what she has come up with.  If the photo's are anything to go by it will be an interesting and maybe costly afternoon.  Better leave my purse at home.....

Here is a link to the gallery for details of their address
 www.wensleygallery.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG DOES NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS COMMENTS